Why join SNIPEF
Since 1923, we have represented the best interests of the plumbing and heating industry, from sole traders to large-scale businesses. We also manage the training of plumbing apprentices, ensuring a skilled workforce in the future.
We support members to run successful plumbing and heating businesses in a competitive and changing market. We uphold standards of professional plumbing and work with government, industry bodies, and other stakeholders to ensure members are represented on industry issues.
SNIPEF membership is a credible way for contractors to separate themselves from rogue traders. It provides reassurance to consumers that they are hiring a qualified professional and will receive a high standard of work.
As part of your SNIPEF membership, you have access to many benefits, such as:
- Access to expert support and advice on everything from technical to legal and employment issues
- Membership of the nationally recognised WaterSafe scheme at no extra cost (provided you meet the criteria)
- Approved Certifier of Construction Scheme membership fee waived (provided you meet the criteria)
- Exclusive member discounts including 20% off CHAS accreditation and free access to H&S advice via our online partnership with Xact
- Advocacy on important issues affecting your industry, e.g. calling for the use of Project Bank Accounts
- Access to grants and funding for apprenticeships
- Access to grants for continual professional development
- Discounted Public and Employers' Liability and other insurances
- Use of the trusted SNIPEF logo and flyers to accompany quotes
- A sick pay scheme – protecting you and your employees against the unexpected
- A copy of PlumbHeat, our quarterly magazine
- Attendance to a range of SNIPEF events.